Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Area 51

Tonight I brought Shawn Joaquin down to read a book in our bed, usually a great treat for him. After depositing him in the middle of the bed, he scrambled down and declared in a loud and Napoleonic voice that HE WOULD CHOOSE A BOOK BY HIMSELF ALL BY HIMSELF NO HELPING. Looking back up at me on the bed, he made another declaration. "That's my area. Get out of my area."

Now, I may be the softie of all time, but I KNOW MY AREA.

Me: Whose room is this?
SJ: Mama's room.
Me: Who's bed is this?
SJ: Mama's bed.
Me: And ergo, whose area is this?
SJ: My area. Get out of my area.

Perhaps I lost him on the ergo. We'll try again tomorrow.

3 comments:

JJ Gray said...

The little guy is asserting himself, I see. Maybe if you diagram the formula on a white board for him if would help? He might be more familiar with the little three dot triangle symbol than with "ergo."
Or, you could just stay the hell out of his area.

Paige said...

John, I don't know who you are. But I like you.

Anonymous said...

Paige...thanks for sharing this ...I will love reading it. Thanks also for the V-Day Card of Shawn Joaquin. PRaying daily for that baby girl...

Love,
Pat

Site Visits