Friday, June 29, 2007

Our last morning

On this, our last morning, we toasted each other with cheerios and smashed black beans and celebrated by sleeping in until 9am. At 8am, Madelena Sofia rolled her little urine soaked bottom on top of my chest, where came to a rest for the next 40 minutes. As it soaked through my shirt and into my own skin, I was not annoyed or faint or gagging. I was just happy to have that fat little bottom up against me, with an occasional flailing arm batting me as she dreamed of gatitos or pachas or simply her newfound walking skills.

Electricity has been scarce today and tears are not, so I'll keep this short and once again, let the pictures do the talking.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She'll be home with you very, very soon, Paige. I have ADORED reading your posts while you were with her. Strength! Courage! Serenity! She's YOURS and will be with you forever and ever! Can't wait to speak with you -- Melina

Site Visits