Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Poo poo head in da house

I had heard from other parents in our classroom that new words have been introduced into our innocents' lives in recent weeks: stupid, kill and the phrase "sick of it." I have no idea who introduced what, and was just grateful that it had not reached the wee ears of Shawn Joaquin, who is probably so engaged in his lone wolf behavior that he can't be bothered to listen to the slurs bandied about circle time.

Today, on his journey from the living room to his bed he stopped by for his usual pre-nap check in.

Mama, what's that smell?
I don't know. Is it a good smell or a bad smell?
Bad smell. I think it's your poo poo head, and I'm sick of it.

Great, a twofer. At least he's not a slacker who can only pony up one slur at a time. I can't wait until he and his classmates start using words and phrases like "oppressor", "lard ass" and "I'm calling Child Protective Services." And then I'll teach him mama phrases like "because I said so", "I know you are but what am I" and "I dare you" and start asking myself when I became my own mother.

No comments:

Site Visits