Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The boy is back


This weekend I had the double whammy of a migraine and some weird respiratory/GI virus. As I wallowed in self-pity in the dark, ice on my head and a rumbling in my stomach, Shawn Joaquin joined me.

What you doing, mama?

I'm sick, baby. Please be gentle with mama.

Does your bottom hurt? Is there poo poo like fire coming out of your bottom like this? [insert fire breathing dragon sound]

Why yes, yes it is.

It's okay, mama. I'll protect you.

And with that he gave me a gentle kiss on my arm and patted my head.

Thank you, lord, for finally returning Shawn Joaquin the Furious to the alien planet from whence he came, and leaving in his place the sweet, sweet boy I have so missed. Now, lord, about that fire coming out of my ass...

No comments:

Site Visits