Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I'm bringing CPS back

As part of Shawn Joaquin's ongoing musical education, we divide our time between Jose Luis Orozco, Music Together CDs, "fast guitars" on 107.7 The Bone and "mama music." After days of demanding XM Kids every day after school, on Tuesday SJ was finally ready to return to the fold and requested that I play something off my iPod. I immediately plugged it in and flipped to my treadmill playlist — high energy music with a great beat from every genre...pop, rock, country, folkie, alt. As his heels pounded the seat in time to the music and probably irreparably damaged the leather, I mindlessly began to sing along:

I’m bringing sexy back
Them mother fuckers don’t know how to act
Come let me make up for the things you lack...

Fast forward. Next track.

They like the way we dance, they like the way we work
They like that way that L.A.M.B. is going across my shirt
They like the way my pants, it compliments my shape...


Clearly time to try a new list. "Work fun". Play.

Check-ch-check-check-check-ch-check it out
What-wha-what-what-what's it all about
Work-wa-work-work-work-wa-work it out
Let's turn this motherfuckin' party out


Perhaps his musical education will have to wait and require its own iPod list, and I will have to bear yet another round of "Pirates Who Don't Do Anything", as sung by Christians masquerading as vegetables.

No comments:

Site Visits