Monday, May 14, 2007

Underwear: it's what's for school

Today, Shawn Joaquin wore underwear to school for the first time.

With that milestone came a back pack filled with extra underwear, pants, socks and shoes and a mother's heart filled with anxiety and pride and anticipation. I was hoping he would have a successful day and come home with tales of toilet triumph rather than urine filled shoes or a new nickname of Poo Poo Pants Head.

Me: Remember what we talked about. Today you don't have a diaper on. Just underwear. So what are going to do when it's time to go tinkle?

SJ: I gonna tell a teacher and go tinkle at SCHOOL.

Finally, the five hours passed and he returned wearing the same pants he left in and his shoes did not appear to be squishy in any way.

SJ: I went tinkle and poo poo at SCHOOL today!

Me: Oh, I'm so proud of you! Did you go with Angela or with Tanya?

SJ: NOBODY. I did it by myself. AT SCHOOL. IN MY UNDERWEAR. What's for snack?

Well, perhaps we still have a ways to go. And need more explicit instructions for tomorrow.

1 comment:

jamie said...

OK, So SJ finally wore underwear out of the house. The question is, when will you?

Site Visits