Friday, August 10, 2007

The eagle has landed

After a few tense moments at SFO and about 12 hours of total travel, I have arrived in Guatemala and in the sweet and colorful town of Antigua. During my travels, I learned that Madelena will not be coming to me today but tomorrow....and that we finally have a homecoming date. We will have two weeks of Antiguan sun, homemade tortillas, Kaffe Fernando breakfasts and walks through El Arco, and then we will return to Oakland to bust open wide Shawn Joaquin's center-of-the-universe theory and show him that while he remains there, he will be sharing that space with Madelena Sofia.

A brief look at our quarters, then I'm off to get the sleep I was unable to get last night in seat 10F between 11:30pm and 5am. More later..

My living room/kitchen/dining room:




Our lovely courtyard:


No comments:

Site Visits